Photo via: diyhshp.blogspot.co.uk
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The use of pull out drawers, stacked is wonderful. Keep all storage off the floor in a garage or basement.
- Hang dollar store solar lights on basket hooks.
- The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) has a very useful graphic to help you navigate the ins and outs of electrical outlets. This breakdown can help you better understand where these outlets should be placed within your home. For instance, did you know ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) should be installed in areas where water and electricity are in close proximity? To help keep your family safe from electrical shock, a GFCI outlet should be installed in your kitchen, bathrooms, laundry area, garages and any other area where electrical appliances may come into contact with water. GFCIs can sense unsafe electrical hazards and they automatically shut off before a serious injury or electrocution can occur. According to ESFI, a GFCI can shut off within as little as 1/40 of a second. Review this guide to help maximize your electrical safety and protection for your devices and loved ones. Here’s a breakdown of how each outlet works: Two-Pronged Receptacle: This outlet provides electricity to plugged in appliances and most were installed in buildings before 1962. Grounded Receptacle: Third prong (ground) reduces the risk of electric shock and protects equipment from electrical damage. Tamper-Resistant Receptacle (TRR): A built-in shutter system prevents objects from being inserted into the outlet, except when simultaneous, equal pressure to both slots is provided by a plug. Be aware. According to ESFI, these outlet covers don’t provide adequate protection and 100% of children ages 2 to 4 are able to remove plastic covers from this type of outlet in less than 10 seconds. Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) Receptacle: These outlets help reduce the risk of fire by interrupting power when an arc fault occurs anywhere in the circuit, including within appliances plugged into it. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates more than 50% of electrical fires that occur each year, could have been prevented by AFCIs. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) Receptacle: Prevents shock by quickly shutting off power to the circuit if the electricity flowing into the circuit differs from that returning, indicating a leakage current. These outlets should be installed in areas where water and electricity are in close proximity: your bathrooms, kitchen area, laundry and garage area. Surge Suppression Receptacle: Protects sensitive electronic equipment from transient surges. According to the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), about 60-80% of surges are created within a building when large appliances, like air conditioners, are turned on and off. USB Receptacle: Provides a permanent Universal Serial Bus (USB) connection source. ESFI reports that over 10 billion electrical devices in use today are charged via USB cable. Which outlets do you have your home?
- Simply stunning and on trend geometric painted LARGE 7cm natural wood blocks – create your own set by selecting the quantity you would like – $8 PER block. The pink, gold and peach set pictured are made using just these 3 colours and some sides have two colours, others i and natural wood. Create patterns with the blocks or match up each colour on the blocks, or just use to play with! Also look fantasic in the nursery or on a desk for an intersting colour addition. Each 7 cm square …
- dog sign, funny dog sign. Dont let the dogs out no matter what they tell you, wood sign distressed sign, pet lover sign This sign is made of wood, and measures 26 X 5 1/2 , it reads Dont let the dogs out no matter what they tell you. comes ready to hang with hanger on back. CHOOSE COLORS AT CHECK OUT Unless requested otherwise, the lettering on the base colors will be white on the dark colors, and black on the lighter colors as it is shown with name color written on the color circle samples. If you want a different lettering/font color, please put it in the notes at check out. All signs will have a distressed look. The lighter colors will have a brown under and lighter color brushed over to give a nice distressed look the darker colors can be brushed with natural wood coming through. If you prefer a solid color with no distressing , please put your request in the notes at check out. *************************************************************** Visit our Etsy Shop to check out our other items https://www.etsy.com/shop/mockingbirdprimitive
- Expired credit cards, used gift cards, and outdated insurance cards arent of much use to anyone! Unless you cut them up and make them into a colorful, sparkly mosaic. Heres a tutorial for covering a frame with your old cards. Start with a custom mirror, using our Unfinished Woods, and you can REALLY make this project your own: http://bit.ly/UWMosaic
- note to self .. when building a house use recessed outlets so the furniture can fit flat against the wall and there are no messy cords … genius!!
- How to Hang a Sweater without stretching out the shoulders. I love this tip-I like to keep my sweater hanging so my closet is more organized and I can see my options when picking out clothes!
- Use Posterhanger to decorate your home, hang a photo exhibition, hang posters in your store, office/workplace or classroom. Easily change out posters when necessary. Hang photography, fabrics, movie posters, designer wallpapers, large prints, store signage, serigraphs, lithographs, giclée prints, linen backed posters, newsprint, blueprints and more. Simple, modern, easy to use at a fraction of the cost of traditional poster frames.
- OK, so now I know how to keep that RV/Camper power cord off the wet ground. Just get a kids sand bucket, and cut some holes. Brilliant!
- Paint a pallet white and hang stuff from it with overdoor hooks.
- I don’t know where I would be without my Silhouette Machine. I use it all the time. In the last few years we have used our machine to complete may different projects. Here are a few of our projects that we have done along with some of our favorite projects we have seen. Diy Floral Faux Wallpaper Diy Painted Family Silhouettes You and Me Custom Artwork Paper Flower Centerpiece Diy Stenciled Pillow Subway Art Pillow Diy iphone Case Playroom Rules Board Chalkboard Globe Gold Dots Cute Hello Pillow Herringbone Stenciled Table Be Grateful Sign Scratch off Valentines Invites Stenciled Nightstand Subway Art Pineapple Sign Map Wall Mural Master Bedroom Artwork Cupcake Tower Wood Pallet Map DIY Glitter Canvas Art Bathroom Decor Biplane Stencil on Furniture We love our Silhouette Americas so much! It is the craft tool that I use the very most. I use my Silhouette way more then I ever thought possible. Put it on your Christmas List if you don’t already have one!