Photo via: momtastic.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- This DIY craft project is so easy that anyone can do it. It is also a great gift idea for friends and family. This mason jar fairy lantern would be great as a night light by the bed side. You can also make a set and use it as living room decor, or if you have a fairy garden in your yard, these will make the perfect addition! Learn how to make it by watching the video tutorial on our site now!
- Toothpick and Gumdrop Construction: Cost: $1 for the box of toothpicks and $1 for each boy a giant box of gumdrops SOO FUN!!! Definitely will do this again. Great for Cub Scouts – could use for constellations or for science molecules. Fun for FHE, too! Fun but my kids may eat all the gumdrops!
- DIY Project: How to Build a Back Yard Fire Pit. This makes it look so easy!
- These wood signs are such a cute way to have your ring bearers or flower girls enter and/or exit your wedding ceremony. Each sign measures 11 x 11 and is 1/4 inch thick to ensure a light enough sign for the children to hold. Signs are hung with Jute. If you prefer a ribbon instead, send me a message so we can decide on a ribbon color. Each sign can be made with a wide variety of phrases and colors. The signs can be purchased as one sided or two sided. Please send me a message with the phrases you choose. This listing is for one single sided sign. Additional signs can be purchased during checkout. Some example of phrases are: Daddy, Wait Until You See My/Our Mommy Last Chance To Run Uncle ____ Too Late Uncle____ She Is On Her Way Ring Bearer Takes Tips They Did It! Lets Party! Dont Worry Ladies, Im Still Single Hurry Up! I Want Cake! Has Anyone Seen The Rings? Dont see the phrase you were looking for? The possibilities are endless. Message me so we can come up with the perfect phrase for your special day. All signs are cut, sanded, and stained by me. The signs in the pictures above are stained with golden oak and painted with antique white letters. Please note that colors may vary on each screen due to resolution differences. Please look at the color chart listed to pick out your preferred stain color. During check out, please select your choices in our drop down menu. If you would like the signs background to be painted instead of having them stained message me stating which color combination would best suit your needs. I can also change the letter coloring. Thank you for your interest in my shop! Please dont forget to take a look around to find more adorable handmade items. I hope to be working with you soon
- The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) has a very useful graphic to help you navigate the ins and outs of electrical outlets. This breakdown can help you better understand where these outlets should be placed within your home. For instance, did you know ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) should be installed in areas where water and electricity are in close proximity? To help keep your family safe from electrical shock, a GFCI outlet should be installed in your kitchen, bathrooms, laundry area, garages and any other area where electrical appliances may come into contact with water. GFCIs can sense unsafe electrical hazards and they automatically shut off before a serious injury or electrocution can occur. According to ESFI, a GFCI can shut off within as little as 1/40 of a second. Review this guide to help maximize your electrical safety and protection for your devices and loved ones. Here’s a breakdown of how each outlet works: Two-Pronged Receptacle: This outlet provides electricity to plugged in appliances and most were installed in buildings before 1962. Grounded Receptacle: Third prong (ground) reduces the risk of electric shock and protects equipment from electrical damage. Tamper-Resistant Receptacle (TRR): A built-in shutter system prevents objects from being inserted into the outlet, except when simultaneous, equal pressure to both slots is provided by a plug. Be aware. According to ESFI, these outlet covers don’t provide adequate protection and 100% of children ages 2 to 4 are able to remove plastic covers from this type of outlet in less than 10 seconds. Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) Receptacle: These outlets help reduce the risk of fire by interrupting power when an arc fault occurs anywhere in the circuit, including within appliances plugged into it. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates more than 50% of electrical fires that occur each year, could have been prevented by AFCIs. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) Receptacle: Prevents shock by quickly shutting off power to the circuit if the electricity flowing into the circuit differs from that returning, indicating a leakage current. These outlets should be installed in areas where water and electricity are in close proximity: your bathrooms, kitchen area, laundry and garage area. Surge Suppression Receptacle: Protects sensitive electronic equipment from transient surges. According to the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), about 60-80% of surges are created within a building when large appliances, like air conditioners, are turned on and off. USB Receptacle: Provides a permanent Universal Serial Bus (USB) connection source. ESFI reports that over 10 billion electrical devices in use today are charged via USB cable. Which outlets do you have your home?
- Here is a collection of 25 creative and fun ways to reuse, repurpose and recycle lamps and lamp parts. Lets go and fine to some old lamps to recycle.
- Oh, Elf on the Shelf. I am willing to admit that even though I find you a little bit creepy and a lot of work, you are actually pretty fun. Every year our elf, Tricksie (get it??) comes out to play just after Thanksgiving and stays until Christmas Eve. That means we need about a months worth of Easy Elf on the Shelf ideas! This year, I am going to be prepared! I am planning my 30 Elf on The Shelf Ideas now! And my plan is for them to be easy and quick to do. No more freaking out
- This would be a fun and cute display board to swap out pictures. Easy to make….can get old frames from Goodwill and paint them if needed and cover interior with fabric or burlap….love it….
- This ferociously sweet Dinosaur Printable Pack is perfect for kids in kindergarten and preschool. I strongly believe worksheets for kids should be fun – coloring, cute characters and easy learning, well not learning but revising things that have been learned hands on! This printable pack is perfect for some afternoon learning fun or to use…Read More »
- How to Create a DIY Coffee Lovers Gift Basket via The Tom Kat Studio – Do it Yourself Gift Baskets Ideas for All Occasions – Perfect for Christmas, Thank You, Birthdays or anytime!
- Beautiful holiday decorations can be as close as your own back yard. Gather clippings of boxwood, spruce, arborvitae and snips of holly and pine. Add pods, cones and berries, dried flowers and some fresh fruit and youve got the makings of beautiful, natural Christmas displays for your own home, or decorations for friends and family. Small sprigs of greens are used for many decorations and can be carefully pruned from trees and shrubs well before they are needed. I like to cut branches about a month before I plan to use them, cutting them on a nice day before the weather gets too cold. The cuttings can be placed in a large plastic bag, sprinkled with water to keep them fresh and placed in a shady spot outdoors, or in the garage so theyre ready whenever you need them. If you dont have access to evergreens from your garden consider purchasing some cut branches at a garden center or nursery. Hemlock and spruces dry out quickly and drop their needles, but are perfectly satisfactory for outdoor decorations. If they are used indoors, they should kept be in water. TABLETOP TREE Want to dazzle your guests? Make a tiny Christmas…
- Come on in and learn how to make your own sea glass monogram. This one was originally posted over at Everything Etsy but I thought y’all might have missed it. This week is Craft Lightning week and if you have missed any of the fun be sure to head over to the features for day …