Photo via: placeofmytaste.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Fill the jars with ice cold lemonade in the summer and head out to the deck. Or put pinecones in the jars, with a pretty ribbon on top the handle, place near the fireplace for Christmas decor. So many possibilities! Take a look at this Mason Jar & Metal Basket Set by Allstate Floral & Craft on zulily today!
- 13 Creative ways to build a Christmas tree in small apartments. You can celebrate the holidays in style without taking up one more room in your place. I did 1 on the list last year and I am so happy I did. Saved money and it made a great conversation starter.
- So many great DIY Christmas Crafts, Free Printables, Recipes and Gift Ideas! LivingLocurto.com
- I have been slacking on the Friday Favourites posts lately because I have been so busy with school and work! I just started a new semester for my Interior Design degree, plus I have a new job, and the Jays are in the play offs, so I went back to my job at the stadium! Exciting but busy times! Here are some of my favourite Fall Inspirations. Favourite Decor: Neutral Fall Decor Sources from Liz Marie I love seeing new ideas about decorating for seasons! If you click the link above, there are a few great ideas for decorating for fall. I have a lot of pumpkins right now, so its interesting to see how they used the pumpkins to decorate with! Favourite Recipe: Apple Blondies from Annies Noms I went apple picking the other week, and after I did some recipe searching for unique recipes, and this came up. I think this would taste delicious – the delicious taste of a blondie with the hint of apple. Favourite Table Setting: Table Setting from Bright Bold Beautiful The Canadian Thanksgiving may have passed, but the American Thanksgiving is next month so thats my excuse for posting more cute table settings. There are so many ideas out there, but this is a pretty creative and natural look that I love! Favourite Fashion: Pillow & Antlers I have been decorating our apartment for fall and there are so many amazing accessories that can be added in seasonally! I love all of the items at Indigo, they always have amazing accessories! I saw the gold antlers there the other week and was so tempted! I am trying not to spend money, and this was $45 so I sadly decided to pass and buy a fur throw instead. Favourite DIY: DIY – How to Make a Set of Tree Stump Candle Holders for the Holidays From Cozy Stylish Chic If you are handy or creative, this is a great fall DIY! I have a candle that looks similar to this, and I think it is such a cute accessory for your home for fall/winter.
- I don’t know where I would be without my Silhouette Machine. I use it all the time. In the last few years we have used our machine to complete may different projects. Here are a few of our projects that we have done along with some of our favorite projects we have seen. Diy Floral Faux Wallpaper Diy Painted Family Silhouettes You and Me Custom Artwork Paper Flower Centerpiece Diy Stenciled Pillow Subway Art Pillow Diy iphone Case Playroom Rules Board Chalkboard Globe Gold Dots Cute Hello Pillow Herringbone Stenciled Table Be Grateful Sign Scratch off Valentines Invites Stenciled Nightstand Subway Art Pineapple Sign Map Wall Mural Master Bedroom Artwork Cupcake Tower Wood Pallet Map DIY Glitter Canvas Art Bathroom Decor Biplane Stencil on Furniture We love our Silhouette Americas so much! It is the craft tool that I use the very most. I use my Silhouette way more then I ever thought possible. Put it on your Christmas List if you don’t already have one!
- Want to try making your own soaps? Here are 10 Amazing Homemade Soap Recipes all in one convenient place! Share this with your soap making friends so they can check it out!
- Beautiful holiday decorations can be as close as your own back yard. Gather clippings of boxwood, spruce, arborvitae and snips of holly and pine. Add pods, cones and berries, dried flowers and some fresh fruit and youve got the makings of beautiful, natural Christmas displays for your own home, or decorations for friends and family. Small sprigs of greens are used for many decorations and can be carefully pruned from trees and shrubs well before they are needed. I like to cut branches about a month before I plan to use them, cutting them on a nice day before the weather gets too cold. The cuttings can be placed in a large plastic bag, sprinkled with water to keep them fresh and placed in a shady spot outdoors, or in the garage so theyre ready whenever you need them. If you dont have access to evergreens from your garden consider purchasing some cut branches at a garden center or nursery. Hemlock and spruces dry out quickly and drop their needles, but are perfectly satisfactory for outdoor decorations. If they are used indoors, they should kept be in water. TABLETOP TREE Want to dazzle your guests? Make a tiny Christmas…
- Remember my Union Jack quilt blocks? Well, I’ve made a little progress since then on my quilt. I really love each different flag block. But a quilt emergency has arisen and three of my Union Jacks have been requisitioned for duty in a more pressing project. A special friend of mine is coming to visit in a couple of weeks. She is from Norway. We met each other when I lived in England and were roommates for about 5 months. She is like a sister to me. I’m pretty sure we are somehow distantly related. (I have a Norwegian Great-Grandfather, so I have some Viking blood in me somewhere.) Julie is probably the closest friend at the greatest distance. She lived with me at the same time as my friend Sarah and she was the one who called to tell me of Sarah’s passing. And so I decided to make her a quilt! Julie is 100% Norwegian – has lived in Oslo most of her life, but her parents were living in New Jersey for a short time when she was born, so she has dual citizenship. Which means three different country’s flags for her quilt. …
- What?? DIY glitter! Preheat the oven to 350. Place salt (table salt/sea salt) into a small bowl. Add drop of food coloring and mix with the salt. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet in one layer. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Let cool, then transfer into a storage container for use.
- Whats your idea of a great way to relax outdoors? To most, it could be as simple as sitting on a comfortable chair with a convenient place for some drinks and snacks If this is one of the things you enjoy doing after a long day or during weekends, then heres a piece of DIY furniture you might want to add to your home! Its a chair bench for two with a table in the middle for your drinks or books. Spend a relaxing weekend lounging on it while you catch up with friends and loved ones.
- Have you gotten your holiday shopping done yet? Don’t worry, me neither. Every time I think I’m done, there’s someone else I need to add to my list. Well, once we both get it together, I’m here to help you with some simple DIY gift wrapping ideas. I love keeping it minimalist and elegant, so all of these ideas use the same brown paper and stuff I had lying around the house (literally). It was so fun creating these different styles, which one is your favorite? […]
- This DIY craft project is so easy that anyone can do it. It is also a great gift idea for friends and family. This mason jar fairy lantern would be great as a night light by the bed side. You can also make a set and use it as living room decor, or if you have a fairy garden in your yard, these will make the perfect addition! Learn how to make it by watching the video tutorial on our site now!