Photo via: danielle-marie.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) has a very useful graphic to help you navigate the ins and outs of electrical outlets. This breakdown can help you better understand where these outlets should be placed within your home. For instance, did you know ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) should be installed in areas where water and electricity are in close proximity? To help keep your family safe from electrical shock, a GFCI outlet should be installed in your kitchen, bathrooms, laundry area, garages and any other area where electrical appliances may come into contact with water. GFCIs can sense unsafe electrical hazards and they automatically shut off before a serious injury or electrocution can occur. According to ESFI, a GFCI can shut off within as little as 1/40 of a second. Review this guide to help maximize your electrical safety and protection for your devices and loved ones. Here’s a breakdown of how each outlet works: Two-Pronged Receptacle: This outlet provides electricity to plugged in appliances and most were installed in buildings before 1962. Grounded Receptacle: Third prong (ground) reduces the risk of electric shock and protects equipment from electrical damage. Tamper-Resistant Receptacle (TRR): A built-in shutter system prevents objects from being inserted into the outlet, except when simultaneous, equal pressure to both slots is provided by a plug. Be aware. According to ESFI, these outlet covers don’t provide adequate protection and 100% of children ages 2 to 4 are able to remove plastic covers from this type of outlet in less than 10 seconds. Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) Receptacle: These outlets help reduce the risk of fire by interrupting power when an arc fault occurs anywhere in the circuit, including within appliances plugged into it. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates more than 50% of electrical fires that occur each year, could have been prevented by AFCIs. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) Receptacle: Prevents shock by quickly shutting off power to the circuit if the electricity flowing into the circuit differs from that returning, indicating a leakage current. These outlets should be installed in areas where water and electricity are in close proximity: your bathrooms, kitchen area, laundry and garage area. Surge Suppression Receptacle: Protects sensitive electronic equipment from transient surges. According to the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), about 60-80% of surges are created within a building when large appliances, like air conditioners, are turned on and off. USB Receptacle: Provides a permanent Universal Serial Bus (USB) connection source. ESFI reports that over 10 billion electrical devices in use today are charged via USB cable. Which outlets do you have your home?
- Expired credit cards, used gift cards, and outdated insurance cards arent of much use to anyone! Unless you cut them up and make them into a colorful, sparkly mosaic. Heres a tutorial for covering a frame with your old cards. Start with a custom mirror, using our Unfinished Woods, and you can REALLY make this project your own: http://bit.ly/UWMosaic
- Love these tips for creating the perfect gift baskets, great ideas for ways to make a cute gift basket for inexpensive with great examples.
- First, they were garden walls and fences. But now more and more homeowners are starting to build other things with gabions. And it makes complete sense! Not only are gabions easier to build than concrete, they could also be a cheaper option if you have access to lots of free rocks and stones. Is there anything you need for your outdoor area that you need or want to be virtually indestructible? See the different ideas weve collected where you can make use of gabions!
- 15 Genius DIY Ways to Make Your Home Smell Wonderful. Favorite essential oil with baking soda in jar.
- Whats included and what youll pay extra for on a Disney cruise: its hard to find this practical information!
- All kitties love to bask in the sun, chase butterflies and birds and sample sweet grass. But the outdoors has a lot of dangers of cats including getting lost, hit by cars, eaten by wildlife, getting into toxic plants, etc. …
- There are many ways to hack and customize the IKEA play kitchen into something with more personality and charm. Check out these doable, diy tweaks.
- These wood signs are such a cute way to have your ring bearers or flower girls enter and/or exit your wedding ceremony. Each sign measures 11 x 11 and is 1/4 inch thick to ensure a light enough sign for the children to hold. Signs are hung with Jute. If you prefer a ribbon instead, send me a message so we can decide on a ribbon color. Each sign can be made with a wide variety of phrases and colors. The signs can be purchased as one sided or two sided. Please send me a message with the phrases you choose. This listing is for one single sided sign. Additional signs can be purchased during checkout. Some example of phrases are: Daddy, Wait Until You See My/Our Mommy Last Chance To Run Uncle ____ Too Late Uncle____ She Is On Her Way Ring Bearer Takes Tips They Did It! Lets Party! Dont Worry Ladies, Im Still Single Hurry Up! I Want Cake! Has Anyone Seen The Rings? Dont see the phrase you were looking for? The possibilities are endless. Message me so we can come up with the perfect phrase for your special day. All signs are cut, sanded, and stained by me. The signs in the pictures above are stained with golden oak and painted with antique white letters. Please note that colors may vary on each screen due to resolution differences. Please look at the color chart listed to pick out your preferred stain color. During check out, please select your choices in our drop down menu. If you would like the signs background to be painted instead of having them stained message me stating which color combination would best suit your needs. I can also change the letter coloring. Thank you for your interest in my shop! Please dont forget to take a look around to find more adorable handmade items. I hope to be working with you soon
- 21 crafters share their tips on the perfect method for DIY Sharpie Marker mugs! Learn how to make the design last and not fade. A must read!
- Twenty hours on the road can leave your car filled with the likes of fries, spilled drinks, wadded up napkins, pillows, blankets, maps, newspapers and sticky, gooey messes. The best way to avoid stains is to not eat, drink or do anything in the car but ride. Since thats impossible, here are 15 tips from Road & Travel Magazine to get things straightened up after your vacation. Youve got vinyl, leather, or cloth upholstery, carpet, floor mats and the interior of the doors to keep clean and stain free. 1. Dilute coffee spills immediately with cool water and blot with paper towels…
- Camping is one of favourite ways to spend time together vacationing as a family. We often go will extended family with travel trailers, making plans ahead for easy to make groups meals. With a pl…